Tuesday, July 28, 2009

...on a hot afternoon.



it's hot. it's july. i need some shade... i find myself sitting in the darkened hallway peering through albums of photographs.

family relics.
these ones i found to be especially intriguing. it's hard for me to describe what i love about photographs, but i think that these speak for themselves. i took my own photographs of them, with hopes that when they are in the open for us to see, we can think and remember and imagine and believe. it's also a clear reminder that this place i am in holds history. the ancestors are all around me. this bay is our house of spirits.









2 comments:

  1. timeless. thanks for sparking some inspiration to my current obstructed state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I'd love to know who these people all are.. any names attached??? some of them look eerily familiar but in unfamiliar clothes and semifamiliar places.

    ReplyDelete